Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Oh, the Weather Outside is Frightful!

Yep, the weather outside is frightful! Or, maybe more like was frightful. And not really frightful at all. It was actually quite nice. But I say that because today I was cold! In fact, I don't think I've sweated at all today. This might be a first in the month I've lived in Africa. On my walk to the bus this morning I was thankful to have a headscarf to keep my ears warm, and in class I was even more thankful for it as I wrapped it around my shoulders to put another layer around my arms. I might have even had goosebumps.

I could go on about this big event in my life, but I know that most of you reading this are thinking that either 1) you are cold every time you outside this time of year and know what it feels like to be cold or 2) you are rejoicing because you are getting 'nice' 60 degree weather.

Just for the record, it was about 68*F this morning when I was freezing. Yep, I'm freezing at the same temperature you heat your house to!

No comments: